Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of Fall

"Mommy! MOMMMMMY!!!" Little feet come pounding across the house toward my office. "Today is the first day of fall! I get to wear my pumpkin shirt now!"

His excitement amazes me, since we live in Florida...there is no "fall" in Florida. Just more heat. A little less humidity. If we're lucky. Oh, and hurricanes. Nothing says "fall" like a hurricane, right?

These leaves were stowed in a suitcase in Silver Bay, NY, by my sister-in-law. She hiked into the Adirondack mountains to find the prettiest leaves for KID 1 and KID 2, knowing this little piece of fall would thrill and inspire them.

I'm seeing leaf rubbings in our future. And maybe some fall decorations, hung enthusiastically by a four-year-old in bright orange fishy shorts and long-sleeved jack-o-lantern t-shirt. Now that's style!

1 comment:

  1. You gotta love a child's sense of style. Other people's thoughts and concerns are not shaping their style, it's their own personality that shapes it!

    ReplyDelete

Contact us directly at
growinggreatkids (at) gmail (dot) com
(Trying to discourage auto-spam)