Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pasta Bird Nests

My kids love these because they make the usual spaghetti meal unusual. I twist some cooked spaghetti into the oiled cups of my jumbo muffin tin and make a depression in the center to form the "nest." Any flavor pasta works (we use whole wheat blend) and I'd guess pretty much any style works as long as it's long like spaghetti.

I drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle whatever shredded cheese I have on hand and bake at 350 F for 5-10 minutes (just enough to melt the cheese and set the nests).

Meatballs are fun toppers as the "eggs" in the nest, but sometimes we just drizzle sauce over the nests and serve them plain. The kids love 'em!


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try these--thanks for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I like to make them for lunches, too!

    ReplyDelete

Contact us directly at
growinggreatkids (at) gmail (dot) com
(Trying to discourage auto-spam)