Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Good Day

Yesterday was KID 2's birthday. She turned 2. Unfortunately, she and I have both been sick. Her party should have been Saturday, but we had to postpone it.

Monday was her official day, and so in honor of her birthday and Letter Dd week, we walked to the park by the lake and read Make Way for Ducklings (a Caldecott classic). Then we loaded those little ducklings up with stale homemade bread.

This one was not my idea: I was inspired by the leader of our Children's Lit. forum who just loves book adventures, or turning a beloved book into an activity/adventure.

A few friends met us there, and afterwards we played......Duck, Duck, Goose! Of course!





Happy Birthday, Little One!
You're beautiful, inside and out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just love this website! I can keep track of what's going on with the kids (& your cleverness)!
    It just takes me back to what I used to do with the books I read to you guys! I love it! You're an awesome mommy!
    M

    ReplyDelete

Contact us directly at
growinggreatkids (at) gmail (dot) com
(Trying to discourage auto-spam)