Monday, October 13, 2008

A Very Hungry Little Dress

A Pretty Little Package!




This is the birthday dress for KID 2's Very Hungry Caterpillar party. I think it turned out so sweet!

This is a very simple, comfy design, made from a borrowed pattern. I have some talented friends who sew beautiful dresses for their girls...and they love to share!
This dress is roomy enough to grow with her. When it gets too short to wear as a dress, it will be adorable with leggings or bloomers. I'm proud of myself...sewing is not my forte! Thankfully, this mostly required sewing straight lines. I can sew a mean straight line!

6 comments:

  1. That dress looks adorable! I love the contrasting bow in the back! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That means a lot coming from the blogger of "Handmade Daily"...I don't think my sewing skills will ever compare to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is just adorable, and it is such a creative idea. I love how the dress "grows with her"--something that cute should definitely stay around for a long time! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,where does your craftiness come from? Oh, that's right, it comes from me!!!! (I wish) : )
    Hansel and Gretel just absolutely warmed and tickled my little heart! They are both such cutie pies! Costumes are fabulous, and if I were the "Very Hungry Caterpillar," I would just eat that little cupcake who's wearing that adorable dress! Well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ma!

    She's not biased or anything...hardly.

    ;-Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! i was wondering if you could share the beautiful pattern. i've never sewn clothes before but it would be my first! =) very cute dress. my daughter's 2nd bday is around the corner.

    ReplyDelete

Contact us directly at
growinggreatkids (at) gmail (dot) com
(Trying to discourage auto-spam)