Monday, March 2, 2009

Lent for Preschoolers: A Hands-On Activity


We love making our faith a more hands-on experience for our children, especially during important seasons of the religious calendar. Lent can be a tough one to explain in a tangible way, but most kids are familiar with the phrase "Jesus is the light of the world."

Building on this concept, last year I gave my 4-year-old a batch of white playdough and a few smaller balls of colored dough to create his Resurrection Cross. You can read about it on my MotleyMoms post and see a couple of photos of this easy project.

Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. This is great!!

    I love reading your blog and getting great ideas to use with my daughter so I gave you an award over at my blog.

    http://amommysadventures.blogspot.com/2009/03/yippee.html

    ReplyDelete

Contact us directly at
growinggreatkids (at) gmail (dot) com
(Trying to discourage auto-spam)